OUR SERVICESGovernment Agencies and Regulators
Regulator Considering XBRL Program
We specialize in sustainable XBRL implementations that minimize costs and maximize efficiencies both for the regulator that operates the program and for filers. We achieve this by:
- Helping regulators identify the XBRL usage profile that supports their key business requirements while minimizing the complexity of the implementation and its maintenance over time
- Providing technology solutions that enable filers to generate XBRL reports with low cost and low impact technology
Our consulting services and our solutions will support you across all project phases:
To make the case for establishing an XBRL regulatory program you need to clearly articulate your key objectives and how the Program will address them, plus related costs of implementation and expected benefits for Government and the regulated community. A limited scope proof of concept provides invaluable insight that will be used to socialize the idea internally and externally, achieve buy-in, and provide guidance for the actual implementation.
Three Easy Steps is a low flat fee package that includes all the technology and the consulting services necessary to create a boardroom prototype. The prototype will show you how different XBRL usage profiles support the specific goals and requirements of your project, and will demonstrate how to enable filers to generate their XBRL reports with the least investment and resources.
Several Governments have benefitted from our Three Easy Steps prototyping methodology, and guidance from those experiences is available to you at no cost. Fill the form on the right sidebar to gain access to free templates derived from those experiences that will provide actionable guidance for your own proof of concept (requires Government email address).
Project Inception And First Release
In this phase you will need to get your team up to speed on the XBRL Specifications and on the use of mainstream XBRL tools, and our world-class training will help. We will also support your team with our proven methodologies for XBRL taxonomy architecture design and project implementation support, covering everything from data collection/modeling, harmonization and contextualization, identification and representation of business/validation rules, Implementation Guides, versioning strategies, and quality assurance.
In terms of software solutions, XTACT (XBRL Taxonomy Architecture Conformance Tests) allows to verify the consistency of your XBRL taxonomy with global best practices and with the provisions of your Taxonomy Architecture before publishing a release. XKUBED, our solution to enable filers to create XBRL reports, is a key success factor in your project because it minimizes costs and maximizes process efficiency for filers. If your taxonomy architecture includes XBRL Global Ledger (XBRL GL), our SRCD Suite provides end-to-end support to receive XBRL GL information, validate it and generate XBRL reports.
Business As Usual Stage
With our experience as architects and developers of 7 major XBRL taxonomies on behalf of global regulatory and institutional projects, and 20+ on behalf of private sector clients, we are uniquely positioned to independently review existing taxonomies and their architecture and supporting documentation. Our services include:
- Analysis of consistency with best practices of the taxonomy, its architecture document, and any supporting documentation
- Quality assurance review prior to publication of a new release of an existing taxonomy, using methodologies and automated tests that we developed and use routinely for several projects worldwide
- Technical assistance when prototyping new taxonomy features
- Insight on existing and new architectural and technical choices
- Help in addressing comments and question from external stakeholders, such as regulated entities, software vendors and consultants, industry and standards organizations, and the global community
Each new periodic release of the taxonomy creates a problem for your regulated community – and for you, if you intend to provide software support to filers for the generation of XBRL reports. XKUBED automatically generates various software components from the XBRL taxonomy used by filers to submit — such as web forms and Excel spreadsheets to generate and validate XBRL reports.