At A Glance
What is XKUBED?
XKUBED is a groundbreaking data consolidation, reporting, auditing and monitoring solution. Traditional software applications embed the business logic necessary to support the requirements they were designed for into software code, which makes them rigid and difficult to change or enhance. Business requirements change and evolve rapidly, and outgrow hardcoded software very quickly. This is the no. 1 reason why business users do not find the support they need to do their job in the software applications used within their organizations. It is an unsustainable model that drives internal inefficiencies, the proliferation of manual spreadsheets and continuous investments in new technology.
How does XKUBED Work?
XKUBED works differently. It is the result of many years of studies on the patterns and commonalities found in the structure of business information and in the processes and activities typically performed on that information within organizations. These patterns are transformed into executable templates, leveraging languages for business data standardization such as XBRL.
Unlike traditional software applications, XKUBED is designed to understand standardized data and processes without hardcoding any purpose- or organization-specific logic. Specific business logic is instead embedded into standards-based executable templates, which can be configured, created and maintained by business users.
XKUBED - What is the cost?
XKUBED can be easily configured to get data from existing software applications – no need for costly replacement or re-engineering of any component of the corporate information system. Data becomes accessible, no matter in what software application it is stored; it can be consolidated, validated, analyzed and presented in reports and dashboards via a mouse click activity. In other words, data becomes Sustainable Data.
XKUBED is available through a cloud/SaaS rental model with a low monthly usage fee, or as a standalone purchased license.
XKUBED - Learn More
XKUBED For XBRL Compliance
XKUBED is built natively on the XBRL data and processing model, and it provides easy and efficient solutions for filers to generate XBRL, and for regulators that are considering or deploying an XBRL initiative.
- Intuitive, time-saving initial set-up and maintenance.
- Cloud/SaaS rental model with minimal impact on the IT function.
- Low monthly usage fees, often taken from the Financial Department operational budget rather than requiring capital approval.
- Significant monthly manpower savings or third-party agent (e.g. auditors, financial publishers) cost reductions.
- Automated generation from the XBRL taxonomy of various components that minimizes costs of initial setup and maintenance of the IT system. Examples include:
- Web forms for data submission
- Spreadsheets distributed to filers for offline population
- Data collection and analysis components
- Storage of data in XBRL format that optimizes processing performance and dynamically adapts to changes over time in the XBRL taxonomy used, minimizing the cost of maintenance of the system.
- Native support of XBRL Global Ledger, a critical factor of success in various situations, including:
- Regulatory programs where a standard chart of accounts is used
- Tax compliance and other programs aiming at the collection of granular, transactional information
- Programs with a focus on the reduction of the reporting burden for regulated entities, such as companies or Government agencies
Three Easy Steps – TES
Deeply Embedded XBRL Toolkit — DEXT
Summary Reporting Contextual Data Suite — SRCD
- Perform completeness and accuracy test on incoming detailed/transactional data based on user-selected mapping fields
- Merge incoming data with pre-defined SRCD mappings to one or more end reporting XBRL taxonomies
- Drill-down from end reports to the underlying detail, and automatically reconcile multiple end reports
- Generate XBRL reports for each mapped XBRL taxonomy for filing
Users of the SRCD Suite include:
- Regulators that collect XBRL GL data from regulated entities within Government-to-Government and Business-to-Government XBRL programs
- Businesses and not-for-profit organizations that use XBRL to support internal and external reporting, data consolidation, auditing and monitoring, and business intelligence
- Government agencies looking for an efficient and easy to deploy solution to convert their data to XBRL without changing or re-engineering their existing systems
The SRCD Suite is available in the following versions:
|CLOUD APPLICATION||LOCAL INSTALLATION||API’s FOR DEVELOPERS|
$9,999 / YEAR
$11,900 / YEAR
$14,900 / YEAR
XBRL Taxonomy Architecture Conformance Tests — XTACT
|CLOUD APPLICATION||LOCAL INSTALLATION||CUSTOM TEST DEVELOPMENT PACK||TEST DEVELOPMENT PACK|
$9,999 / YEAR
$11,900 / YEAR
$750 / YEAR
$3,000 / 5 UNITS
The prototype of XBRL Convergence (XC) is the Convergence Assistant (CA), conceived in 2007 as a tool to help Canadian businesses understand the implications of the transition from local GAAP to IFRS. The CA soon became one of the first publicly available applications that leveraged the power of XBRL Global Ledger to allow a business to map its own chart of accounts to the GIFI, a standard chart of accounts used in Canada. It also leveraged the pre-defined mappings (expressed as XBRL GL instances) between the GIFI itself and both the Canadian GAAP Taxonomy and the IFRS Taxonomy to generate the two sets of XBRL instance documents and automatically reconcile them. XC applies the same principles to any standard chart of accounts, and to any taxonomy. Underpinning the robust utility of the XC is WikiAccounts, a freely available, global knowledge base that includes sets of standard accounts and their mappings to multiple XBRL taxonomies. XC will deploy the content libraries created in WikiAccounts by:
- Mapping a business COA to one of the standardized COAs downloaded from WikiAccounts;
- Leveraging the standardized mappings to end reporting XBRL taxonomies — also downloaded from WikiAccounts — to create and reconcile XBRL reports for corporate internal and external reporting purposes.
XBRL Gears (XG)
XBRL Gears is an application designed to deploy the content libraries created in WikiLogics by:
- Converting the business corporate data to the standardized XBRL GL format;
- Execute the standardized controls and business rules downloaded from WikiLogics on the corporate data standardized with XBRL GL, and support common data monitoring, auditing and business intelligence processes.
XBRL Gears is currently in private beta release. If you would like to participate please contact us.